LEMONY SNIPPETS

THE SWEET, SOUR AND BITTER TASTES OF LIFE

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Orkut Zindabad!

I joined Orkut.com sometime during my MSc days at IIT-B. At first I was against it. I used to delete all the joining requests I received in my inbox. But then curiosity got the better of me. I could no longer resist that sky blue homepage, with lots of display pics and messages in it. It seemed to be fun! I don't remember whose Orkut joining request I finally accepted (the controversy still rages on ;)), but there I was on Orkut, n have been 'Orkutting' ever since. Not a day goes by without me logging onto Orkut at least a dozen times in a single day. At IIT-B, I used to be signed in perpetually! Am an 'Orkuholic' of the highest quality ;)

Although people talk about Orkut's being a public forum and the disadvantages attached with that, I personally have only gained from it. I made new friends (several!) and caught up with the old, long-lost ones. I have in my friends' list, my 'langotiya yaars', from my HAL days at Ozar (Mig); fellow St. Columbians from Mumbai; the Anandashram gang; the JC Ruparelites; the vibrant n best lot from St. Xavier's :) , Mumbai; the entire Bioschool and almost entire H-10, and of course The Amchis :) from IIT-B; and of late am adding the new friends I'm making at IISc, Bangalore. I also have a whole lot of geneolgy in the list - my cousins, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts... you name it, they are all there on Orkut!

Here's a very short list of the coolest people I've met n known only 'cause of Orkut...

This list is by no means complete or exhaustive; it will be updated every once in a while :)

In order of 'making fraandships' :P ...

Ajay Savkoor

Kedar Mavinkurve

KK

AB

ST

Bhag

My Twin Bro Chirag Murdeshwar :P

Anup Gokarn

Vijay Tavanandi

Sangy

Hem Dholakia

Tintin Maam ;)

La NiNa

n the latest... "All Men are Idiots, I married their King" :D

Thanks Orkut for letting me connect, re-connect, re-re-connect n have so much fun :)

11 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

x( unfair.
you say you have know me only 'cause of orkut.
very unfair x(.
katti! :P

9:15 am  
Blogger MM said...

Arre Sid Baab... I first knew all these people, including U thru kutkut only. Uske baad hum sab mile n things happened :P
Batti! :)

10:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The link for the blog would be faithfully forwarded to DC.How is that???Lot of fun.

12:23 pm  
Blogger Nissim said...

I am among the Coolest ppl MaMu knows!!!!!
CELEBRATIONS!

2:47 pm  
Blogger MM said...

@ Anonymous
Yes! It would be a lot of fun, rather it IS :)
'cause I myself had forwarded the link to DC a loooooooong time ago. He keeps checking for updates n updates me with his comments.
Sorry buddy, to take this lil joy out of ur life :( :P

4:34 pm  
Blogger MM said...

@ Nissim
Ya! Sure! Get me a box of Cadbury's Celebrations on ur return from Bombai :P

5:57 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

i want soup..........makka bhoook laglya!!!!!!!!!

V r all eating Pav - Bhaji....u r being missed......badly......(dont worry i ate ur share)

neways thank for all ur love and blessings..... and keep smiling(u r infected with this Smiley Bacteria....please infect everybody as u always do)

11:04 pm  
Blogger Nissim said...

@MaMu.
U told me you don't like Dairy Milk chocolates.
Anyway, am back.
Will try and find a solution.

11:01 pm  
Blogger Shashank Shanbhag said...

Hellllllooooooooo!!!
Long time deshhh!!
Kashi assa? Reading ur blog after a long time...
IISc'ntu tukka blog barocha time melta nahve.. :P
Bhag

3:48 am  
Blogger CSM said...

hey twin...
it was great meetin you too on orkut.. never wud have got this opportunity without it...

8:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I'm very very touched! [:D]

- Kedar Mavinkurve

2:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home